Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cape Cod


Hi Puzzlers,

I am just getting back from one of my favorite places on the planet, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I just love it! There is so much to do! If you like shopping and antiquing they have it. If you are a foodie like me, they have a huge variety of restaurants to choose from. I just found this incredible Italian restaurant called Gerardi’s Cafe and let me say it was one of the best meals I’ve ever had! Yummy- just typing this has my tummy growling for more.

Cape Cod also has many outdoor activities available to visitors. There’s fishing, boating trips, kayaking and canoeing, both in the ocean and on several of the fresh water kettle ponds which can be found all around the Cape. If you love to camp my recommendation would be the Nickerson State Park campground as it is near the bike trails.

Biking is my favorite thing to do on the Cape. Yes, I’m a biker but not the motorized kind, though a ride along 6A on a motorcycle is highly recommended, I pedal my bike along the glorious trails of the Cape. “The Cape Cod Rail Trail follows a former railroad right-of-way for 22 miles through the towns of Dennis, Harwich, Brewster, Orleans, Eastham and Wellfleet. Its paved surface, few hills, and well-marked automobile crossings make it ideal for cyclists. The trail has a wide unpaved shoulder on one side to accommodate horseback riding, walkers, and runners.” Of course I over indulged and my legs are still a little sore, but it was well worth it!

I had to remove the poster and puzzle of Cape Cod I had in my office as I kept getting distracted. Oh was that the sound of the ocean or the ring of a bicycle bell? This puzzle is a wonderful keepsake or tour guide for this awesome vacation destination.

Happy Puzzling!

No comments:

Post a Comment