Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Attic Treasures


Hi Puzzlers,

How many of you remember your Grandmothers’ attics! I was looking at our Attic Treasures puzzle and noticed it looked a lot like my Grandmother’s, or Memere as the French would say, and the memories came flooding back.

My sister and I would spend hours up in the attic, playing and pretending we were “old fashion people.” We’d feed the old dolls on the high chairs and made pretend phone calls while strutting around in the old dresses, hats and saddle shoes. It was a whole different world to us.

The smell of the attic and all those mothballs and cedar blocks could sometimes be overwhelming but we just cracked open a window and continued playing. In the heat of the summer the temperatures would make staying up there long almost impossible, so we would grab a few of the day’s treasures and be off to the back yard.

My Grandmother even had the same Electrolux vacuum. My sister and I would take turns pulling each other around on the back of the vacuum pretending it was a train. Next came the treasure hunt. How many of you remember the tin full of buttons-oh my, what a treasure chest that was!

One of my personal favorites was the trunk full of old uniforms, which we were never allowed to touch. We could only gaze with wonder and amazement that someone in our family had worn these impressive clothes.

So thanks to all the Grandmothers, Memeres, Mims, MaMos, Grammas, Ya Yas, and Nannies for saving those “Attic Treasures”. You’ve given us memories that will last a lifetime!

Puzzlers-we would love to hear a story about your attic treasures!

Happy Puzzling!

No comments:

Post a Comment