Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Meet Artist Suzy Toronto


Hi Puzzler,

Today we would like you to meet artist, Suzy Toronto. We have been receiving lots of kudos from puzzlers about how much you love Suzy’s work. I even heard from one of our puzzlers who said she had planned a girls-night puzzle-party around the Wonderful Wacky Woman puzzle! I wish I lived closer, I’d be crashing that party. Good friends, food, wine and a puzzle…. Ah, life is good.

This picture is of Suzy and Ted at a show in Atlanta. Suzy said, “When I'm not at an art show or sitting on the beach, this is where you'll find me -- working on a new idea or project that kept me awake the night before. The bottom line is I love to create. Whether I'm painting fine art in my studio, drawing my wacky characters on location at shows, sitting at my pottery wheel on my back porch, or writing at my computer, the creative process is liberating beyond words. I am forever exploring new ways to express the energy inside me. But I feel forever blessed to have these gifts and vow to never take them for granted.

I'm 47 years old, live in Tangerine, Florida in a house surrounded by 100 year-old oak trees. I share that space with my husband, Al, and my 28-pound cat, "Bob." I eat chocolate truffles while I paint -- and when they run out, I quit. I drink Perrier sparkling water so much I'm considering taking out stock in the company. I practice Yoga, which for some strange reason I think will help compensate for my horrible diet, and I go to the beach every chance I get.
I have five grown children and ten grandkids who love me as much as I adore them. I've taught them to dip their French-fries in their chocolate shake, make up any words they want to any tune they like and to never, ever color inside the lines. (However, they all feel the need to assure their friends that they also have another set of grandparents who are 'normal').”

Thanks, Suzy, for tapping into the souls of all Wonderful Wacky Woman!

Happy Puzzling!

No comments:

Post a Comment