Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Artist Jane Mayday


Hi Puzzlers,

Today I would like to share with you the biography of one of our artists, Jane Mayday. I just love her work, especially the cardinals. When I was young I took art lessons from Mr. Abbott, a local artist, and I would always paint cardinals. I’d paint them in oils and watercolors oh what fun that was!

Jane Mayday began her career at 14 years of age, as a scientific illustrator for the University of Florida. After receiving a Bachelors degree from Ringling College of Art and Design, she was recruited by Hallmark Cards Inc, as a greeting card illustrator. Though her scientific past helps Jane add realism to her artwork, she soon discovered she enjoys painting the outsides of animals to the insides!

Jane left the corporate world after her children were born and moved to beautiful Colorado. Her work has adorned 25 children’s books, as well as collector’s plates, ornaments, cards, t-shirts, garden flags, jigsaw puzzles, and much more.

Recently Jane added author to her list of accomplishments, writing the best-selling art instruction book, “Adorable Animals You Can Paint” (published by F&W Publications), as well as numerous smaller works and magazine articles. Her newest F&W books are Cute Country Animals You Can Paint, and Landscapes in Bloom.

In addition to the breathtaking Colorado Landscape, Jane has two children, a menagerie of animals, and a garden for inspiration, and a wonderful husband to share it all.

Happy Puzzling!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting about this artist. I was neat because I also live in Colorado. I have made the puzzle posted and love bird puzzles and have made many of them.

    ReplyDelete