Wednesday, March 2, 2011

King Kramer



Hi Puzzlers,

Today, I, King Kramer, have decided to write the blog and share my thoughts on what it's like to run a puzzle company. Let me tell you-it is a lot of work and there are many things to oversee. There is wholesale, retail, office management, shipping and receiving, research and development. Ah! The list seems to be endless.

My morning begins promptly at 7:50 AM; this is when my ladies/servants arrive. The first one in has the pleasure of preparing her coffee and my breakfast,Kibbies. This is a special breakfast from my homeland, Bleski which is just north of Poland. While I wait, I go over the wholesale orders that have come in. Patsy and Melinda do such a great job I will have to remember to give them a treat.

Next it is off to the retail department. Alicia is going through all the mail while Jill, Cathy, Kathy and Jean are busy answering phone calls from all our puzzlers. I have such wonderful hard-working staff. Oh, what was that! A mouse! Don’t fear ladies, I, King Kramer will protect you! Oh wait, it was only Princess Toasty, my sister. She thinks it’s funny to act like a mouse and scare my ladies. If she weren’t related I would have her banished. But that’s just between us.

Bruce, Matt and Lori all work at the warehouse in Conway. Sometimes even I am amazed to see how many puzzles they ship. And if you want to see a clean warehouse, this is the place to go. Unfortunately, since my crate broke down I have not been able to visit. You all know how hard it is to find a good mechanic.

Now I’m off to the head office where I keep Kim, the office manager and bookkeeper. We go over several reports and I get a chance to look over some payables and receivables. I must confess the numbers thing is not my strong suit but thankfully Kim keeps thing going nicely.

WOW! It is already 4:30 PM. I will have to send my ladies home. Ah, they are so good to me; they made me dinner before they left. It is good to be the king!

Oh! This is my newest puzzle. Do you like it?


Happy Puzzling!

No comments:

Post a Comment