Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Autumn Traditions


Hi Puzzlers,
It’s autumn, that fabulous time of year when most of the bugs are gone, the temperature has cooled and the leaves are changing from green to brilliant hues of reds, oranges and yellows. This year I want to make sure I do all my fall favorites, so I began making a list. My list contains some of the usual, like apple picking, and some a little more unusual like trekking to the west coast to see thousands of monarch butterflies take up residence in the coast’s eucalyptus trees.

This list of traditions got me thinking, “What do other people like to do in the fall?” So off I went polling the girls in the office, poking and prying to get to the good stuff. Below is the list we came up with. Who knows- maybe one of these will become your new autumn tradition!

1. Take a trip to pick apples, visit a pumpkin patch and don’t forget the corn maze!
2. Watch “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”.
3. Redecorate your home’s interior by moving the furniture around and changing out your decorative pillows.
4. Decorate your exterior with fall window boxes filled with mini pumpkins, gourds and tiny scarecrows.
5. Let the baking begin and eat pie! Pumpkin, apple, cherry, peach, pecan …I’ll have a slice of each please!
6. Next on to chili, stews and soup.
7. Don’t forget to wash it all down with some apple cider, hot chocolate or a pumpkin spice latte.
8. Need something with more of a kick? How about a spiked hot apple cider, or a pumpkin martini. (I haven’t tried this yet, but oh my yumminess, it sounds good!)
9. Next you’ll need to work it all off by raking some leaves or taking a hike so you can enjoy the crunching of the leaves under your feet.
10. Last but not least don’t forget to capture all your autumn adventures on film.

Happy Puzzling!

No comments:

Post a Comment